Friday, September 16, 2011

A Day at Pope Farm Park

Hi Knitters,
Last week TC, my husband and I spent some time hiking at a new to us and nearby park, Pope Farm Park. We found a stunning and long rock wall, just past their prime sunflower fields, a gully beyond our imaginations, a spillway, fairy hiding spots and homes, signs of fall, long grass that felt like cushions under our feet, magical clouds.... and all just a few minutes from our front door.

We've already returned once more and TC has requested Pope Farm Park as a future picnic spot. I'm with her.

Enjoy!

















I hope you have a fall-filled weekend. I can never get enough of all this season has to offer.
best, susie

14 comments:

candlewaster said...

Apple picking, crisps, pies, leaf piles, pumpkin and squash...me too! Can't get enough! Glad you had a great day. We're hoping to go apple picking for the first time in awhile, and not just pumpkin picking this year. Enjoy! Momoffour

Barb said...

I love fall - my very favorite time of year!! Love the photos of Pope Farm Park - what a great discovery for your family. Thanks for sharing and Enjoy!

Suze said...

Isn't it wonderful? We just discovered that park last weekend when a friend invited us to picnic there. We'll definitely be back! It looks like a real good place to go trail running, too.

Paula said...

Beautiful photos. Beautiful memories for your family.

Miss Julep said...

Breathtaking!

mommieof4munchkins said...

What a great place! I can't believe how much TC has grown up since I first started reading your blog! Such a beautiful young lady you have there. (well truthfully I can because I have one her age, but still)

Sara said...

Autumn is my favorite season and always has been. The park looks like a lovely place to celebrate family and life! Have another wonderful weekend!

Jeanne said...

Oh the simple joy of being out in nature...... isn't it fabulous? A few years back I found a great park only 3 miles from my home. Now I'm there at least once a week. Enjoy your picnic. And thanks for the photos.

Jessica said...

I can't believe how much TC has grown and she looks more and more like you every day!

Unknown said...

Susan, I find it truely amazing that you're able to spend so much quality time with your family, while doing so much work for your profession.

Pixiewear said...

what a gorgeous spot! and i love TC's sweater. did you knit it?

Marie Williams said...

Great photo's.Thanks for sharing. My question is the same as Pixie's,did you knit TC's sweater? Love it!

Kristin Nicholas said...

What a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I drive by this area all the time...never knew it was there! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.