Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mouse from Down Under


Hi Knitters,
How cute is this little mousie? I received this photo and email yesterday and I asked Mekaela if I could share it with you all. She said sure. Don't you love the swing? Here is the note that came with the photo:

I recently purchased your book "Ity Bitty Nursery"
Just want to say thankyou for re kindling my love for knitting.
I had so much fun with the mouse but as I had not knitted in the round before it did take me quite some time.
Had to do a  project for our school fete and came up with this idea, thought you might like to see.
Looking forward to the new book.
Mekaela Ferrero
Sydney
Australia

 

I wrote her back to ask what a school fete was. She told me it is like a fair and fundraiser for the school. I hope the garden mouse found a new home and made some money for the school. Also, the fact that this was Mekaela's first project for knitting in the round should inspire some new double-pointed needle users to give it a try. It is so much easier than it looks. Thanks for sharing your creativity with me, Mekaela. I love getting project photos from knitters, never hesitate to share your work with me.

The pattern for the mouse is in Itty-Bitty Nursery  and is a part of the Garden Mice Mobile. i designed the mice to specifically work as stand alone knitted toys or to be used in the mobile. i think it is great that people are knitting the mice on their own.

I am having quite a week. As my mom would say, what a world. On top of it all our main computer has completely melted down with all of my stuff on it. I am writing this post from our lap top which is nothing short of feisty and is missing the "k" key. It really bothers me because I guess I use the letter "k" a lot what with this being a "k"nitting blog and all.

I'll be back soon hopefully with a computer solution underway.
Have a beautiful Wednesday, Knitters.
best, susie

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy smokes he's cute! I love the swing. And her colors are great!!

Unknown said...

Don't worry. We'd still read your blog religiously even if it did become a "nitting" blog instead of a "knitting" blog! :)

Tif said...

How adorable. That is so cute. Love it!
---Tif

Oiyi said...

Adorable!

www.oiyi.blogspot.com

Alice Regan said...

He's soooooo cute! I adore both of your books ...they truely spark the imagination.

dorothee said...

Oh my! Molten computers really do suck! (pardon my language)

The little mouse is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute mousie!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Adorable!