Sunday, December 09, 2018

December Sunday


Hi, Knitters,
I hope you are all doing well. I have a couple of fun things to share with you on this cold December Sunday. I thought I would start today with a quick follow-up from my last post, which was quite a few weeks ago. In that post, I talked about my son Ben's new venture in teaching cooking classes. I got to attend one of his classes last week and it was so much fun. 

I haven't been to a cooking class before and I learned a lot. The class was called One Pot, One dinner and Ben demonstrated how to make four different vegetarian meals in two short hours. We got to eat so much good healthy farm-fresh food all while picking up lots of tips along the way. I learned about several new spices, cutting techniques and mainly how to have fun with your cooking. We got all four dinner recipes, too. The farm setting is completely charming and the class was a big hit! 

If you are ever in the area or are interested, the organic produce farm is called Sprouting Acres and it is located about 15-20 minutes outside of Madison. They are offering cooking and baking classes, CSA boxes and pizza oven gatherings (starting in the spring). Sprouting Acres also has a booth at the farmers market on the square and other locations.

Later today we are attending Ben's Holiday Baking Bonanza at Sprouting Acres. It is going to be a cookie-baking extravaganza with cookie decorating and making, recipe sharing, cookie eating, hot chocolate drinking time. We can't wait.  




Next up, I have a new pattern and kit that was released a short while ago. It is called Little Long Johns and it is an ornament pattern. 



The idea of the long johns ornament has been a long time coming. I've had it on my list for quite awhile and I'm so glad it finally came to be. I used Barrett Wool Co.'s Wisconsin Woolen Spun Fingering weight yarn because I wanted that woolen spun rustic kind of old-fashioned look to the fabric. It worked out well.

The mini-kit is so cute. It comes with a small cake of the red yarn, enough to make one ornament. 





The back flap is my favorite part. In addition to the yarn to make one pair of Long Johns, the kit also includes baker's twine for loops or for a garland, 10 little black beads for the buttons, and two tiny clothespins for another hanging option. It's all super cute and fun and affordable!


Have a great Sunday and week ahead. I have a few new holiday charm pattern patterns coming out this week ahead and I'll be sure to post about those as soon as they are available. I'm having so much fun creating these little ornaments this year. Thanks for checking them out.

Thanks for joining me today, Knitters. I always love popping in here to connect.
xo ~ susan

1 comment:

Veganrocks said...

Any way you can share the recipes you learned? I love one pot recipes. I adore the long john's!! I've made the mittens from the charm set for my granddaughter's trees this year!