Saturday, March 03, 2018

Going West & Stitches


Hi, Knitters,
On my travels to Stitches West I knitted a new pair of socks. I brought along seven different colors of mini skeins in Home Fingering Weight yarn. I am calling this pair Going West Socks. If you haven't knit 100% wool socks I highly suggest you give these a try. The finished socks are so squishy, cozy and warm. They honestly feel so much better than superwash/nylon yarn. I don't want to take them off.

The socks use my Smooth Operator Socks pattern and I've written out the instructions for the stripes and a couple of other tips along the way. The stripes and colors make the socks incredibly addicting, you simply can't put them down. 


By the way, the clogs in the photo are from Dansko if interested.


Here's what you'll find in the Going West Socks Minis Kit:

The Kit Includes:
  • Enough yarn to make one pair of Going West Socks (about 150 grams) in the following colors of our Home Fingering Weight: Huron, Tattersall, Bluff, Strawflower, Ellie Grey, Big Woods and Folkstone.
  • An optional Ravelry download code for the Smooth Operator Socks pattern. This will be included on a paper card inside the kit.
  • A printed page with specific Going West Socks instructions to be used along with the Smooth Operator Socks pattern.
  • The kit will come packaged in a hand-stamped project bag.


Here we are before the big Stitches West event in Santa Clara, California began! We are poised and ready for the onslaught of attendees. I had so much fun the entire time and I met so many lovely knitters. It was really a positive experience in all. Our booth was packed full for the majority of the time and we were so busy. Miss Molly on the left and Evan is on the right. 


We shared our booth with Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting. That's her on the left. It worked out so smoothly. Thanks to Alana for a fantastic weekend!

I hope you are well, everyone. I'll be back soon with more.
xo ~ susan

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Susan, Molly and Evan - It was so fun meeting you in person at Stitches West last Saturday. I see from your "before" photo that much of that yarn was sold by the time I arrived. My friend, Jamie bought one of your books and a bunch of your hard copy patterns. I'll be keeping my eyes on your barretwoolco Web site for the Wisconsin Woolen Spun worsted weight in the "Bay Leaf" color. I want to knit your Split Back Snowflake Hat one of these days. I also purchased your Smooth Operator sock pattern, so this blog post of yours will add to the options for that design. Here's a link to my Stitches West photos in case anyone is interested:

https://photos.shutterfly.com/story/id/40208384011

Hope to see you again in future years! Hugs from Kimmy ♥

Unknown said...

Are the socks stranded colorwork? Slipped stitches?? Love them but haven't done stranded yet.

Susan B. Anderson said...

Susan - There are two rounds of stranded colorwork. Super easy.

Sunrise Knitter said...

I hope you will have a booth at stitches Midwest.

Renee Anne said...

I still can't believe that I had Molly's dad as a teacher in middle school. That's just wild. I also found out that a friend from the high school was the DJ for their wedding, as well. Weirdness all around!