Sunday, June 08, 2014

Sunday Leftie Knitting


Hi, Knitters,
I finally found a little bit of time earlier today to work a few more leaves on my Leftie shawl by Martina Behm. This is one fun shawl.  I have seven leaves done to be exact. I am weaving in the ends as I go, as that works better for me in the end.

Leftie is just so much fun. If you are even thinking about it, you should give it a go. What a great pattern. Leftie is more compelling than the Hitchhiker for me, maybe it's the color changes. Who knows.

Leftie by Martina Behm

Leftie Kit from Miss Babs (mine is the Slate and Reds kit colorway)

I am using a US size 1 or 2.5mm needle. The shawl is one where a slightly tighter gauge looks good. It shows off the beautiful garter stitch and leaves better. I probably won't block this too strenuously in the end because I love the way it looks now.

That's it for today. The photo isn't the best as the sun is going down but I was too excited not to share.

I'll be back soon with more! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The weather around here has been beautiful lately.
best, susie

9 comments:

Giusy Jdeebella said...

Hello Susan, your pic is good! I love Lefty! Started it about one year ago and it's in a Project Bag being a UFO soon, but You are right, it's a very fun knitting and soon or later I will finish it along with all the other wips around my knitting space :) I love your color choice! I am going to look at this yarn, it looks great!
Xoxo, Giusy aka Bubi-knits on Ravelry

GĂ©raldine B. said...

Thanks a lot for sharing ! the shawl looks already nice, I agree.

Unknown said...

I love the Leftie but put it away because I couldn't figure out how to deal with the ends without it looking lumpy and bad. I usually weave the ends in following the stitches but it looks yucky! Are you using the same technique you demonstrated on your tutorial? Can't even see your ends in the photo! So jealous.

GerryART said...

Your Leftie is making it sooo tempting :-)
Hugs

Sam I Am...... said...

I have that one faved on Rav and have for awhile now. I love your color combo but right now I am knee deep in giraffes! LOL! The Not So Itsy -Bitsy type. Your class is great and I'm having lots of fun with it.
After all my July birthdays I'm hoping to do some "me" knitting.
that shawl is going to be gorgeous...it already is!

Marteke said...

I just ordered your reversible knitted toys book.What a great idea.
And I finished a leftie also. The compliments you are getting for that shawl are numerous. I have a lot of stashed yarn for a new one. .

Marteke said...

just ordered your reversible toys book, what a great idea. Love it. Made the leftie shawl last year and it is just such a fun one to wear. And you will get numerous compliments. check out Marina Behms tubularity. Another one of her great designs.

Christine said...

Ah, a Leftie is so tempting!!

Micha said...

The Leftie is on my needles too! Love your colours!
Best wishes, Micha