Monday, December 03, 2012

Tiny Tree - Pattern now available!


Hi, Knitters,
First I quickly want to thank you for the huge and fun response for the Tiny Top-Down Pullover Sweater and Cardigan pattern and the Waiting for Winter Mittens and Fingerless Mitts pattern last week. I am amazed and I appreciate it. The Waiting for Winter Mitt-Along starts this Wed., Dec. 5th and goes through Jan. 5th. You can join in anytime, there is no cut-off other than the ending date. Come and join us for this perfect winter knitalong.

I am excited to be back today with my second ornament pattern of the season called Tiny Tree. This quick, one-piece seamless project is worked from the top-down in the round. The red ornaments are French Knots done with one length of yarn placed on a yarn needle. 

The fabulous Kristin Nicholas has a great video tutorial on how to make French Knots if you need some help, click right here to see it!


The Tiny Tree is about 3 inches tall in length (the top of the tree is 2-inches and the trunk is 1-inch). It only takes a tiny amount of worsted weight yarn. The gauge is 5.5 sts per inch in stockinette stitch. I used US size 6 dpns to make mine.

I am thinking a stripey tree is up next on my needles..... a scrap buster!

This is the perfect little gift that you could easily work up in an hour or so! The price for the pattern is also tiny at $2.50.

Click here for more information or to purchase the pattern from my Ravelry pattern shop!

Or click right here:



Enjoy!
best, susie

9 comments:

Lis said...

Wauv they are lovely. I want them too :D
See you on Ravelry.

Lis

Nickycarp said...

Simply adorable! Love that you are doing ornaments this year! Yay! nicky momoffour

Suzanne said...

These trees are adorable. Will there be an opportunity to buy a collection of the ornaments?? :-)

Unknown said...

How cute is that!

Cambria said...

This is so cute! I just bought my copy and I'm imagining all my holiday gifts coming with a tiny little knitted Christmas tree on them :) Thanks a bunch!

editormom said...

Totally adorable.

Unknown said...

What a great way to use up little skeins of yarn and could be made in all kinds of colors for the tree.

http://www.knittingwitholof.com

Diane said...

So cute. I just love your patterns. I went for the trifecta. Mittens, mini sweaters and mini tree. Now I just need to find the time. Thank you

Nancy Wilson said...

Just finished the cutest red mohair pullover, having so much fun. Can't wait to see them on the tree or tied on gifts! Thank you!
Nancy