Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good Golly

Hi Knitters,
Miss Molly is so proud of her first hat. I taught her to knit one night when I had a gaggle of girls sitting in my living room knitting. She decided to join in. I quickly grabbed some needles and let her pick out her hat color. She caught on incredibly fast and worked on it non-stop, even knitting in bed. I love that. With all of her hard work she finished it up in a short couple of days.

Isn't she cute? She is pretty pleased with the result of her first project.
I added the ears for her and found some brown silk ribbon to top it off. The yarn is Blue Sky Worsted Cotton in the color called Aloe. I think the color of the ribbon and the yarn together are so sophisticated. The pattern is the Bunny Tail hat in Itty-Bitty Hats.
It's so fun to see success on the first try. I immediately cast on her second hat and she is off!

There has been so much crazy all day and late night knitting around here. I have a group of girls sitting in my living room chatting away and knitting at all hours of the day these past few days. I keep saying I have my own knitting group meeting daily at my house. It is really fun and I am not sure what exactly spurred on the flurry of knitting but I'll take it!

I'll be back shortly to share the rest of the success! These girls are on knitting fire.
best, susie

13 comments:

Maryjonono said...

Congrats, Molly! Your hat is adorable! Susan I love how you inspire others, it's contagious!

Ann said...

I love it and I am sure she is very proud of making her first hat - many more to come I am sure.
Happy Weekend

Kar said...

OMG!!! Wonderful job on the hat. Sounds like there is alot of fun going on at your place. Non stop knitting. Nothing better. :)

Knitterella said...

It's adorable and she's so proud. Good job, Molly!

How fun to have your house full of knitters!

Stefanie said...

Love that minty color. She did a spectacular job.

Denise said...

Wow, that is very impressive for a first hat, her knitting is so neat. I wish my daughter would show an interest in learning, she's nearly 10 - perfect age I think but she just doesn't wanna know :(

Liz Monroe said...

AWESOME!!!!

Julie said...

I can't get over how perfect her stitches are! That hat is beautiful. I'm jealous! :)

Catie said...

great hat!

Unknown said...

How can you do so much at the same time? Knitting, blogging (both blogs), answering all the questions about the KAL, and teaching the girls to knit and I'm sure there's heaps to do around the house.

Are you a super woman?

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Oh that hat is so cute! I have just bought your itty bitty toys book and feeling inspired. I have always been part of the 'slow-knitters' group lol and have in the past attempted items of clothing, but being of a larger size and being impatient I have never really got very far. So I think I have decieded i am a small project knitter, and seeing as I am now a first time mum (my son is now 6 months) I thought this would be fun small projects! I have ordered some needles and cannot wait to get started! Just gotta find some Yarn now. xx

Susan G said...

Lots of knitting going on at our house these days too.
My youngest 12 finished her first scarf - a drop stitch scarf and her first completed knitting project - she mostly makes crochet amagurumi animals. My middle daughter 14 fixed up an 'Owl" hat she had made a tad too long and is working on some socks while thinking about her first sweater - tried to get her on the top down raglan KAL - but I think she wants something fancier. Now if I could just get the oldest to pick up the needles - she know how but the bug had bitten her yet!