Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Occasion

Hi Knitters,
I got up early, early to work on my editing and made some good progress which feels great. We are having a thunderstorm-filled weekend so that makes it easier to get some work done. I took a break from the editing to knit a bit and to watch Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with my girls and my husband later in the morning. What a good-hearted movie. It has some sadness, some magic and some stories to tell. 

I think I remember that this movie didn't get good reviews when it came out but we all loved it. Plus it is a G-rated movie which as a mother I sincerely adore and appreciate. Who needs all of the swearing, violence and other inappropriateness when watching movies with children? I never get that. I always try to support G movies, there aren't enough of them in my opinion.

My favorite quote from the movie is this:
"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." 

Indeed.
Okay, on to a knitting occasion, there are two winners I need to announce. The first winner is for the Knit and Crochet Today dvd set, 2 seasons. And the prize goes to:

Sewtakeahike! Please email me your mailing address as soon as you get a chance. Congratulations! You will enjoy having these wonderful dvds for sure.

The second winner of the day goes to a washcloth knitter who will get 2 skeins of the beautiful, lush Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille. And the prize goes to:

Virginia Pluta of Louisville, Kentucky! I will send your address, which I already have, to Susan Druding of Crystal Palace Yarns and she will send the yarn out to you. Congratulations, Virginia!

The winners' numbers were selected randomly by a number generator so all is fair and square. Have fun with new stuff, ladies!

The beautiful new socks I am working on are being knitted in Sunshine Yarns Watermelon Stripe sock yarn and I am in love. Dani never fails me. You would love her yarn if you are looking for something different. 

Have a great weekend, Knitters.
best, susie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

what cheerful yarn! They are going to be so cute!
~emily

MaryLou said...

That would make a darling toddler sweater too! --MaryLou

McKenzie said...

I totally agree with the G movies. I don't understand why even Disney & Dreamworks have to put things in to make it a PG movie? They're for kids. I too loved Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Mary Heather said...

I love that movie! It is so sweet and makes me tear up when that sock monkey keeps trying to reach out for the "mutant" and then finally grabs on to him at the end.

Kerry said...

beautiful needles, what kind are they?

Susan B. Anderson said...

Mary Heather,
The sock monkey killed me, he was the sweetest little thing. The Collector kept imitating the hug attempts with the saddest face.

Such a good movie.
susan

Susan B. Anderson said...

Kerry,
The needles are Signature Needle Arts. I finally splurged on a set of dpns for my sock knitting. They are the most beautiful and wonderfully sleek set of needles I have ever owned and I am glad I invested in them.
susan

peaknits said...

Yum, I love those big, fat stripes! This weekens' weather is a serious drag...take care!

Larraine said...

What fun summertime socks on such beautiful needles!

Unknown said...

Ooh! I love the watermelon socks! One of my fav colour combos... my uni's colours were/are pink and green (Sweet Briar College).

jill said...

When do you expect your new book to be published? Looking forward to getting it ..... jill

Elly said...

Hi Susan!
I have a question for you. I know you are very busy, but I thought you'd be the right person to ask. I am a new knitter and I have been knitting my first socks for my husband from the book "Getting Started knitting socks" by Ann Budd. I'm using size 3 dp needles. I'm almost done knitting the 1st sock but I had him try them on and it seems that the ribbed cuff is way too loose, and I was very careful in following the directions. I have researched it on "Google" and it seems that some knitters recommend using needles two sizes smaller for the cuff part, but wouldn't those make the cuff too tight? I though I'd ask the expert. By the way: I love the socks that you knit. That should be your next book! Itty-Bitty Socks! I'm sure that would be as excellent as your other books. Thank you in advance!
Elly (elly326@yahoo.com)