Monday, June 08, 2009

Fini!

Hi Knitters,
I finished stitching, with a needle and thread, nine tiny crocheted flowers to the front neckline of my chartreuse cardigan. C'est fini! J'adore.
On to a small crafter's delight, The Collector is painting her gourd from the farmer's market into a colorful striped snake. She is using acrylic paints. I will seal it so we can put it out in the yard when she's done. I love how the stem looks like a hissing tongue. She is in heaven. Her friends think it looks like a potato in its natural state. I agree.

Oh, you have to try this. Go here. Answer a few multiple choice questions, quick clicks. Get results. I am a Shropshire, which means I've inherited grace, elegance and manners. Ooooh, I hope so and here is my button. I remember when Potter Craft had you find out what kind of yarn you were. I think I was mohair and I have no idea what that means. I'm hairy and I shed, maybe?

Clara's new book is a must have and I am dying to snag a signed copy at TNNA if she's signing. I'll stand in that line. The cover alone is a treat to look at. Fingers are crossed. 

Monday it is! Take off and run with it.
best, susie

6 comments:

Dianne MacDonald said...

Cute sweater and the tiny flowers makes it your own! Took the quiz and I'm a Perendale! (I'm not telling my Romneys and Bluefaced Leicesters that I'm not one of them!)

Poethead said...

Love the little flowers! The quiz was fun. I'm a Navajo Churro. I took the quiz twice to be sure. Thanks for sharing!

Alison said...

Your sweater is just too cute! Off to take the quiz...

barb :0) said...

Oooah, I love the little flowers !!!! Good Luck with the new blog !!!! I can hardly wait until Wed. !!!!! You will do a GREAT job !!!!!! :0)

Alissia said...

The snake looks so cool! I also took the quiz a billion times to be sure and I'm a Shropshire I guess. I'm never really sure which group I identify with more but feel like I should post the first result or I'm cheating. So, I guess I'm cheating. :)

Also, did anyone else notice that Random House spelled "knitting" wrong in Clara's book description? They have it as "kniting" That's kind of a major typo haha

youcandoit said...

love the flowers! gotta make some. A-adorable. like you're not busy enough but would love a video on how to make them. have finally, finally, finally after many attempts crocheted a circle thanks to your video. thank your son too by the way for being your camera man. can't wait for spud and chloe to make their debut. EXCITING!