Sunday, August 19, 2018

Tecumseh Sweater Kits & Poms with a Snap!


Hi, Knitters,
I hope you are all doing well and that August is being good to you this year. I want to let you know that we have a new and exciting sweater kit available over on Barrett Wool Co. for the Tecumseh sweater! The design is by the fabulous Caitlin Hunter of @boylandknitworks on Instagram. She is just an amazing new designer who is taking the knitting world by storm. I am a big fan of her work and it thrills me that she is letting us create unique kits with her designs. She is fun and open for anything it seems. I love that about her.

Tecumseh is a roomy, comfortable sweater that has a simple top-down construction with bands of colorwork and lots of straight knitting with one color. It is the best of all worlds as far as knitting a sweater is concerned. 

The Tecumseh Sweater Kits come in two color options. 



I didn't quite get my Tecumseh finished for the kit launch but I am now working on the first sleeve with the body being finished. I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

The yarn has been special ordered from our local mill. It is our Wisconsin Woolen Spun in a DK weight. 


One color option for the kit has Birch (creamy natural white) as the main color. The contrast colors of Penny and Pebble are the same for both kits.


The second color option is our light gray color called Rain Shower as the main color. Miss Molly is working on the sweater in this colorway. I really love this one, too. 

Click here for the Tecumseh Sweater Kit information! I hope you'll join me in knitting one of these gorgeous, wearable sweaters for the upcoming fall season.

And I want to let you know about a great special we have going on for all of you hat knitters...


In the BWC Mercantile, we have just listed these fantastic neutral pom-poms that snap on to the top of your hat! 

We have these on a special right now. If you purchase two of the poms and enter the code POM at checkout, you get both poms for only $10! They are $6 apiece, so that is a great saving.

Click here to find out more about these fantastic Pom-Poms with a snap!

I made a quick tutorial on how to attach the poms to the top of a hat that you might find useful.



And finally...



There has been lots and lots of this going on in August. I just love to walk, run, bike in August. It is so peaceful and lush around here. I hope you are able to enjoy a little of the great outdoors in this late summer month before the bustle of the fall is upon us. 

Take care, friends. I'll be back soon with more.
xo ~ susan 

No comments: