Sunday, January 14, 2018

NYC & Baa Kits


Hi, Knitters,
I hope you are all doing well. I am in New York City right before on my last day of teaching for Vogue Knitting Live. This event is like nothing else. It is huge and lively and well-run. I have taught four classes so far and the students have been nothing short of wonderful. Shortly, I will be teaching my last two classes and I am really looking forward to it. If you ever get a chance to go to a Vogue Knitting Live event, do it!

I want to let you know that we have a new toy kit up in the shop over on Barrett Wool Co. for a sweet little lamb with some simple colorwork on the body. The pattern is called Baa. I have created 5 exclusive instructional video tutorials to go along with this pattern. The exclusive links to the videos are on the last page of the pattern! 

The Baa pattern is currently on discount at $3.50, no code necessary. On January 19, 2018, it will go back to the regular price of $5.00. 

The Baa Kit comes in three amazing color choices in Home Fingering Weight, all hand-selected by me. Just for fun we also added a mystery element to the kit and you can add this as an option with purchase. It is a tool and it is 100% adorable and very useful. 




Baa measures in at 5.5-inches tall when seated. It is an adorably sweet little knit! Almost completely seamless. The limbs and ears are all picked up and knit on. The only seam is to attach the head to the body and I go over all of it in the 5 exclusive video tutorials included with the pattern. 


I'll leave you today with our photo from dinner last night in NYC. I am so fortunate to have a lot of family with me on this teaching trip. They are having the best time. My two sons and their significant others came along and my husband is there at the end of the table. I now have a niece and a nephew living in NYC and so we had a mini-family reunion. It was so much fun. We went to the restaurant Kubeh and I highly recommend it. The food was delicious. 

After dinner we went to a tiny and fantastic ice cream spot called Van Leuven's. This is a place not to miss! Salted caramel, honey comb, cookies and cream, black sesame... the flavors were so good. 


My favorite part of Van Leuven's was a little gratitude book left out to sign. My son, The Baker, scratched out what he was thankful for, "Friends, family, good food and visiting NYC." We all signed underneath in agreement. 

I'll be back soon with more! I hope you love your Baa Kits if you get one. Let me know.
xo ~ susan

4 comments:

nlwilson46 said...

Such a beautiful photo! NYC is on my bucket list for sure. Enjoy! Safe travels home.

Kimmy said...

I'm on the opposite side of the country, but with you in spirit. LOVE the new picture of you at the top of the Web page, surrounded by your cute creations. Also love your NYC family pics. I'll probably show my face at Stitches West next month (San Jose, CA). To be honest, I find these events overwhelming, but I like to show up at the market to meet certain people once a year. My NYC knitting buddy has already emailed pictures to me of the yarn she purchased at the Vogue Knitting Live event. I always enjoy seeing what's going on and hearing about it, so thanks much, Susan.

Anita said...

Always love the family get togethers. How lovely for you. x

Esther said...

I’m jumping for joy that you and Barrett Wool Co will be at Stitches West!!! A dream come true! I’ll be sure to stop by, shop and say hi! Do you know your booth number yet?