Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Three Color Mitten Kit is Here!


Hi, Knitters,
I have a fun new version of the Barrett Wool Co. Bulky Twist Mitten Kit to share with you today! 



You can purchase the kit with or without the Waiting for Winter Bulky Mitten pattern if you already have the pattern. You can make matching mittens or mix it up!

Over on Barrett Wool Co. the kits are housed in the Pattern section on the menu for now in case you are looking. We will be doing some rearranging soon to have a separate section for the kits on the menu. 

Also, our Home Collection Yarns in both fingering weight and worsted weight will be fully stocked again in a few short weeks! We are so excited and we have some wonderful plans in store. 


Here is some information about the kit and pattern you might like to know:

We have a fantastic new version of the Bulky Twist Mitten Kit for you! We have included three colorways of the marled yarn for you to mix and match, stripe and colorblock however you would like. There is enough yarn to make at least a couple pairs of mittens and maybe even a spare mitten or two to keep on hand. 
We hope you enjoy this Mitten Kit with triple the amount of yarn!
Here is the introduction and information for the mitten pattern:
Now the beloved Waiting for Winter Mittens pattern series has a new version for bulky weight yarn. This pattern has three sizes, including child's large/adult small, adult medium and adult large. The mittens knit up lickety-split with the bulky weight yarn and larger needles. It will take you an evening or two to make a pair. You'll have the simple pattern memorized after only a couple pair. With mitten knitting season in full swing this is the perfect time for another version of Waiting for Winter Mittens. We couldn't wait to make up a kit for these wonderfully cozy mittens using our new Wisconsin Woolen Spun Bulky Twist yarn. The 2-ply twisted colors in the yarn make a fantastic marled fabric that looks sporty and fun! 
The Kit Includes:
  • Enough of our Wisconsin Woolen Spun Bulky Twist yarn in Coffee & Cream, Red & Black Licorice and Juniper to make several pair of mittens. The yarn will arrive wound in a cake ready to be knit!
  • Ravelry download code for the Bulky Waiting for Winter Mittens pattern
  • Tin of 20 assorted stitch markers
  • Packaged in a hand-stamped cotton bag
Sizes 
Small (medium, large). Sized to fit 6 (7, 8)-inch hand circumference measured around the knuckles on the hand.
Note: The sample is made in the medium-size and fits an average size woman’s hand. The small fits a large child or small woman’s size and the large fits a larger woman’s or a men’s size. Lengths can be adjusted accordingly per preference.
YarnBarrett Wool Co. Wisconsin Woolen Spun Bulky Twist (100% American Wool, bulky weight 2-ply, 185 yards/114 grams), 1 skein.
NeedlesUS size 10 or 6mm double-pointed-needles, set of four, OR size to obtain gauge.
Gauge3.5 stitches per inch in stockinette stitch and 6 rounds per inch.
Materials1 detachable stitch marker and 1 stitch marker to go on the needle
Scrap Yarn
Ruler or tape measure
Yarn needle
Scissors


Here are a bunch of samples I made up with the three Bulky Twist colors of our Wisconsin Woolen Spun yarn. The kit provides enough yarn to make 2-3 pairs of mittens depending on the size from the pattern.

These are all worked up in the medium size and each individual mitten weighs 24 grams. The kit will give you over 150 grams of Bulky Twist in total to knit up any way you choose. 

It's a lot of fun to figure out how you make to make your pair of mittens!


The Bulky Twist yarn is so much fun to knit. It is light and airy and the fabric is deliciously marled!



On another note, the #dailyknitsocks hashtag over on Instagram is so much fun. If you are on Instagram and you wear knit socks feel free to join in. There are no rules. You can post as much or as little as you like. It's been so great to be able to see so many knitters wearing their sock. I love it.



The socks are knit in an old and I believe discontinued yarn, Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka, Color 9076

The clogs are the El Naturalista brand.

I'll be back soon with more. I have a fun colorwork hat pattern coming out hopefully very soon. I also am traveling to Austin, Texas next week for the Hill Country Weavers Retreat. I am really looking forward to teaching in Texas again. There are fantastic and enthusiastic knitters in Texas and it's always a treat. 

xo ~ susan

3 comments:

Holly said...

Have a great time inTexas xx

Sam I Am...... said...

Love the new mitten kits....I'll have to take a look. I just purchased fabric for a quilt for my bed so I may have to hold off for now. But they would make great Christmas gifts which I am on birthdays now but then the Christmas gift giving/making will start! LOL!
I also love the El Naturalista shoes! Wow! I'm not a clog person but I drooled over their shoes and love the carrot color! I would like shoes that would show off my handmade socks but I am such a sneaker gal on a daily basis that I'm not sure I can change but their shoes are right up my alley! With the rubber soles I could see myself getting some shoe style in my life for a change! LOL! At my age it is safety first! LOL! thank you always for sharing all your inspiration and ideas! A green would be nice in the marled too if you expand your color base and yellow....my favorite color....just sayin'! Have a great time in Texas!

Anonymous said...

Susan:
Thanks for the great idea on the mittens. I bought the red one from your company recently but will have to buy some more yarn to make some mittens like you have.
I am wondering how soon I will see those really cute red socks pattern you knitted not too long ago. I am in the mood for some sock knitting and would like to do some different patterns if I can. Good luck on your trip to TX....

Debbie