Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wisconsin Woolen Spun Sport!


Updated at 10:40am CST on Jan. 26, 2017: The links have been fixed. Sorry for the error.

Hi, Knitters,
Sorry for the slightly fuzzy photo. I tell you, it is really difficult to get a crisp photo using natural light around here when there has been absolutely no light. It has been gray and fuzzy outside for weeks. Yesterday we did get a new snowfall which was pretty but the snow is so heavy and melty that I don't think it will last long. It is perfect snowman-making snow so I am hoping for a good show around the neighborhood.

Anyway, I am planning a fun giveaway for tomorrow, and a pattern discount, too. In the meantime, we have posted some really beautiful Wisconsin Woolen Spun Sport Weight Yarn over on the Barrett Wool Co. Mercantile! It is so pretty and squishy and light. Remember these are small batch yarns, wool from Midwest farms and milled and dyed right here in Wisconsin. 


We are picking up more yarns at the end of this week from the Wisconsin mill so there will be more to come as soon as we get it labeled and listed. We also just heard that the wool for our Home line of yarns is being shipped to the dye house in Maine so we will be fully restocked in a few weeks or so! 

Anyway, have a great Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow with more fuzzy photos (hopefully not) for a giveaway!
xo ~ susan 

14 comments:

Erica said...

The yarn looks lovely! I tried the link in your post, but it goes to an ETSY site, and when I checked the Barrett Wool site it wasn't there. Has it been sold out already?

Susan B. Anderson said...

Erica ~ So sorry! I fixed the links. I think there is still some of the sport left! Some colors may be gone already. It has been selling out so fast when we put it up. We'll have more of the worsted and fingering weight coming very soon.

Thanks for letting me know about the link.
Susan

Susan B. Anderson said...

I just checked and there are 3 colorways left: Harbor, Apple Blossom and Bay Leaf are still in the shop!

Gigi said...

I'm so excited and happy for you and your amazing son in this new adventure! I just know your beautiful yarn is going to be a great success. Im looking forward to knitting with it as soon as I get some of my ufo's out of the way (a New Years resolutions 😉). I've never used woolen spun yarn, so I can't wait to try it.

Warmest blessings to you all,

Georganna

Kathy Dahn said...

Links still direct to Etsy shop at 9:57 est,

Susan B. Anderson said...

Thanks, Kathy! Links are fixed now.
susan

Ellisen said...

Link still to Etsy at 10:20.

Susan B. Anderson said...

Hi Ellisen,
It's 10:37am here in CST. The links in the blog post have been corrected. Sorry about that. Here is the correct link.

https://www.barrettwoolco.com/collections/mercantile/products/wisconsin-woolen-spun

Mama Wolfe said...

The colors are AMAZING!

goecker said...

Sure is a fun blog to read and enjoy....love all those dolls and animals, olorful shawls too.

goecker said...

Love reading your blog, great colors and projects

sparky136 said...

Pretty yarn
sparky136 on Ravelry

Anonymous said...

Your patterns are so beautiful- each one is unique! The fairy yarn is the same-beautiful and unique! KrisMarie on Rav.

Unknown said...

Much more continued success, Susan B.!
Hoothoot on Ravelry