Wednesday, January 11, 2017

String Along Toys ~ Now Available!

photo from Quince & Co.
Hi, Knitters,
I hope you are doing well. I had a relaxing family vacation that was just wonderful and then I came home to a series of design deadlines for several magazines so I have been keeping my nose seriously planted in my knitting over the last couple of weeks. I am off to Vogue Knitting Live in NYC tomorrow so if you are going to be there I'd love to see you in class. My Sunday classes still have a few openings but I believe the other days are sold out. Anyway, be sure to say hello if we cross paths. I'd love to see you.

I am so excited to offer you my latest ebook originally published by the lovely Quince & Co. The ebook has the patterns for three toys, a mouse, a monkey, and a frog, that can be made as stand-alone toys or by creating a loop for a hand or foot can be strung together to create a garland or just to hold hands. The ebook is called String Along Toys and it has just become available for purchase in my Ravelry Pattern Shop.

To celebrate I am offering the digital ebook for 50% off the original price. The original price is $10 and it is now available for $5 starting today, January 11th and ending January 15th, 2017. No code is necessary as I've just set the price to make it simple for you.


The patterns are also available in a beautifully printed book by Quince & Co. if you are interested. It makes me so proud to see how Quince presents my work in both the printed form and the digital form. They really do an outstanding job. I love how Quince incorporated both my personality by adding in my original artwork in the book and how they capture the personality of the toys through the wonderful photography. It is very well done overall.

But most importantly, the patterns, knit in Lark (worsted weight) are clear and the toys are extremely fun and quite quick to knit. The construction for all three is completely seamless from the bottom-up. The mouse and monkey construction is a little different than the frog. With a clever twist at the neck, the stitches change direction without adding any short rows. 

photo from Quince & Co.

Here is some information about the pattern and yarn you might like to know:

String Along Toys

Knitting
August 2016
Worsted (9 wpi) ?
6 stitches = 1 inch
in stockinette stitch
US 5 - 3.75 mm
3½" [9 cm] tall when sitting, 6½" [16.5 cm] body circumference, and 3" [7.5 cm] arm and leg length
This pattern is available for $5.00 USD 
 buy it now or  visit pattern website
Susan B. Anderson, a knitting name synonymous with sweet, adorable stitched creations, brings us a trio of storybook friends in String Along Toys. Worked in Lark, frogs, mice, and monkeys can be worked with loops for hands or feet so they can be linked together with their buddies.
yarn 
lark / 1 skein each in the following colorways: 
Frogs: Snap Pea 128, Leek 131, and Parsley 129 
Monkeys: Bark 121, Chanterelle 118, Egret 101, Bird’s Egg 106 or Nasturtium 136 
Mice: Egret 101, Dogwood 135, Kumlien’s Gull 152
needles 
set dpns in size US 5 / 3.75 mm
skills required 
Long-tail cast on (link provided), increasing, decreasing, i-cord, bobbles (instructions included), working in the round.
Here are a few photos from Quince & Co. for you to enjoy!

photo from Quince & Co.

The worsted weight Lark from Quince & Co. is excellent for toy-knitting and it works up quickly.

photo from Quince & Co.

The Frog has knit-in bobbles that have a uniquely simple construction that doesn't involve turning back and forth. 

photo from Quince & Co. 

photo from Quince & Co.

You could make a string of all frogs, mice or monkeys or you can mix-and-match them together!

photo from Quince & Co.

I think the Monkey might be my favorite. He's so silly and mischievous.

photo from Quince & Co. 

The bodies can be striped or solid and the small-scale of the toys make them perfect to use up your small bits of worsted weight leftovers.

photo from Quince & Co.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new pattern collection as much as I enjoyed creating it. All of the photos in today's post were taken by Whitney Hayward for Quince & Co.

Remember, if interested, the digital pattern ebook is on discount for 50% off starting today, Jan. 11 and ending Jan. 15, 2017! Click here to purchase or find out more about the String Along Toys!

Thanks for joining me today. I'll be back soon with much more.
xo ~ susan

2 comments:

Mapleton News said...

I adore the string a long toys! They are, indeed, a FUN and FAST knit - and so dang cute! Thank you Susan!

Subarna said...


Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my business.

web developer austin
austin web design