Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Seattle in Photos



Hi, Knitters,
Vogue Knitting Live in Seattle was simply wonderful. What a great and interesting city full of talented and fun knitters.  This is one of the best events I have ever attended, I loved it. My classes were well-attended (some huge!) and Vogue, as always, does a top-notch job. 

Here is my trip in photos.
Enjoy!









And yes, that is chewed gum... and yes, you can smell the gum, too. Creepy and fascinating both.













Lunch at Farestart in Seattle - delicious. Pasta & Co. in Bellevue was another favorite lunch spot for sandwiches and soup.







My son came with me!
























I love this tall tree-lined archway.


Now for some knitting and event photos!

When the people walking by the book signing table found out the toys could reverse they went crazy! They literally stopped in their tracks. It was really fun to see the reactions. 

Delores' (one of my students) beautiful daughter at my book signing. She loves the toys!

Dinner at the Crab Pot with some Itty-Bitty Knitters  (my ravelry group) and a former editor of mine. From left to right - Suzanne, Kriste, Veronika, Becky, Melissa and me.

My new book and toys!

Becky and Veronika from the Yarn on the House blog (me in the middle) in one of my classes!

Becky and Veronika proudly wearing their Ebb Cowls in my Fair-Isle Hat Workshop.

 Allegra from Petite Purls is working hard in class!

Thank you to the Seattle Knitters Guild for having me at their meeting and giving me rides, Vogue Knitting Live, Adirondack Yarns for hosting my book signing in the market - it was a great success, Veronika for the rides to and from the airport, and mostly to the spectacular, fun and vivacious knitters in attendance at the events. My classes were an absolute blast!
I hope I get invited back soon.
best, susie

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed you, there! Glad your classes went so well. :) xo VH

Vicki Maynes said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I feel like I was there with you! Did you find your Kindle?

Lis said...

Wow I wish I could come to at knitter work shop like these some day. We are going to the US next year, so if im lucky I could find one.

thanks for sharing the fine pictures. Seattle is one of the towns i wish to see some day.

Lis

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Love, love, love Seattle! (Mike and I went there for our honeymoon, 15 years ago) I'm sure everyone was thrilled to have you there.

Anonymous said...

Susan... sounds like you had a blast in Seattle... Can you tell me what it is in the picture right below the picture of the crabs... Are they used bubblegums? I wasn't sure.... Thanks for sharing

Susan B. Anderson said...

yes, it is chewed gum stuck on a wall in an alley. it is so gross but strangely intriguing at the same time. you can smell the gum, too. bleck.

Kristi said...

Your pictures are so fun to look at! I got your new Topsy Turvy book in the mail yesterday! It's so cute and my kids (6 and 4) just poured through it trying to decide which was their favorite!

Desiree said...

Wow! Your trip looks amazing! I have to ask, did you add your own piece to the bubble gum wall?
Thanks for the post!

phyllis said...

Somehow I pictured Seattle as more of a modern city, but your pictures were amazing. Did the sun ever shine? Living in the Carolina's for almost 15 years really makes me a "sun snob."

Stefanie said...

Ooh how fun! I love that market. Been there once a long time ago. That lil' one is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Susan, thank you SO much for going to VKL! This was my very first event and first and only class I took with you! What an experience It was for me. I left with so much memories, all your books signed :) and mikayla has been asking me daily when she can get her ariel reversible doll knitted up! I think your toys were the highlight of her trip too! Thanks for including her in your photos! Hope to see you again in the future....lovely photos by the way!

Delores

Anonymous said...

You did a lovely job capturing our city in photographs! Thank you so much for the Knitted Toy Workshop - SO inspiring. Just makes me want to "create" 24/7. Hope to see you AND VK Live in Seattle again! Best, Shannon

Sandy W said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing Seattle with us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photos. Now I want to go to Seattle too. :)

Kim said...

Love Seattle. My son lives there and your photos are very familiar. So glad to near you had a great trip.

Paula Bannon said...

That looks like so much fun. I hope to make it there someday!

keatime said...

Thanks for a lovely, lively class and dinner too!

AnnM said...

Susan, I loved your String A Long Toy class and you're an awesome instructor. I'm on frog #2! Luckily I was able to find a copy of your book at the marketplace. Hope to have another chance to take one of your classes!

P.S. beautiful pics of our fair city!

Creative Design said...

I, too, received my book the other day by mail! What a treasure. Years ago, when I first opened Itty Bitty Hats in a book store, I gasped at the little black hat with roses on top. I've been a collector of your books ever since!

Best,
Sheila

BListello said...

How nice to be able to "see" your trip and the class. This is certainly on my list of things to do, but now I'm debating which of my first Topsy-Turvy I should make. Regards, Betty

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting all these Seattle pics, 3 of my children live there and it is such a great place to be when you are young and carefree!

I preordered your latest book and can hardly wait to get going on some of the projects!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting all the pics of Seattle, 3 of our kids live there now and they love the vibe of this amazing creative place.

One is a chef for 2 amazing restaurants, Canon and Purple, one is a server for Purple, and 1 is a server for Canon.

I preordered your book and can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

beach_bum said...

What a fun event it must have been! Also, I LOVE the pic that has part of the ferris wheel in it - quite a fantastic shot.