Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Monkeys and a Photo to Like


Hi, Knitters,
I am finally able to focus on my Vogue Knitting Live classes that are coming up at the end of October. I've had deadline after deadline on other knit projects but I think my plate is finally cleared for the moment so monkeys it is!

I finished the first of four little String-a-long-Monkeys, which is a brand new design for one of my VKLive classes on October 28th. The string of monkeys will go along with the String-a-long-Frogs (click here to see the frogs). I am planning on a few bunnies as well but now that I think of it, that may change to mice...... stay tuned.

Click here for Vogue Knitting Live in Chicago on October 26-28th!


And then there were two!

These little monkeys are knit in Quince and Co. Lark, which is a worsted weight yarn. For the knitters coming to my class bring whatever colors you want to knit either a monkey, frog and/or a mouse in, and striping yarn if you want to do a stripey body. Bits and pieces and bobs are welcome, stash dive for sure for this small project, unless you want your toys to look just like mine. Then hop on Quince and Co. and order up some Lark (worsted weight) in various monkey, froggy, or mousey colors! I just love this 100% wool in solid colors for knitting toys. This wool is the best because there is something so pure and sweet about it.

Click here for Quince and Co.!


And yes, these patterns for the String-a-long toy series will definitely be published in the future! I will keep you posted right here for when that happens.

I have another new shawl and those mittens coming up shortly, too.


Oh, and one last thing, our orthodontist is having a Grin to Win contest on Facebook. All four of our kids have gone through braces and TC is the last of them. I posted this photo of TC smiling with her braces and a friend's puppy on the contest page (sometimes the photo is at the top and sometimes you have to scroll down). The photo with the most LIKES wins an iPad! We don't have an iPad in our home and we would love to have one.

Anyway, if you are on Facebook and could LIKE this photo on the contest page, we would be so appreciative. The contest says to tell all of your friends to hop on over and click like so that's what I am doing. I consider all of you my friends and knitting buddies. The contest runs through October 31st. I put the link and photo on top of my blog sidebar, too.

Click here to go to the Grin to Win contest page and LIKE the photo of TC with a puppy! 

Thank you so much if you are able to help, and if not that's okay, too.

I'll be back soon with lots more!
best, susie

10 comments:

Maryjonono said...

I love those monkeys! So original! Their faces are so friendly. You are amazing with all of your unique ideas. I hope you win the iPad! Best wishes!

CelticCastOn said...

I had to do it from my husbands account because I'm not on there anymore but its Done! Fingers crossed you win that IPad!

idiosyncratic eye said...

She's beautiful! :)

Tina J. said...

Found you on Ravelry. LOVE the apple washcloth. I'm going to buy the yarn to make it this weekend.

Also voted for your daughter on the orthodontixt site! Good luck!

Tina J.

Sara said...

Love. Those. Monkeys!
I wish that I could go to Live! but it isn't in the cards. BUT, Meg Swansen is coming back to guild Monday night... 6:30. Be there or be square!
Sara
(Missing you)

jennysue said...

Oh My! I thought I love the frogs, but the monkeys are even better! I'm very much looking forward to the publication of this pattern. Looks like I will be making both.

Voted - good luck.

Anonymous said...

One more time... Cinderella story....

Ann H.

Jeannie D said...

Voted for TC...gosh, she's so grown up and pretty... Hope you win! Love the monkeys...how 'bout some Reindeer for a Holiday swag? :D Cheers!

Marilou said...

Liked the facebook photo. Good luck!
I love the monkeys & can't wait for the frog, monkey & mice or bunny patterns.

Unknown said...

adorable little monkeys!!!!!