Monday, January 02, 2012

Blocking Day


Hi Knitters,
Last night I pulled out my blocking boards and wires and pins. I soaked my beaded Citron for about half an hour in Soak, gently squeezed out the excess water and pulled it into shape. I used the blocking wires on the top edge and then I softly pulled the rest out flat. I don't want to pull out the ruching too much because that's the best part of this shawl.


I am loving the tonal qualities of the dye. It is gorgeous. 

The yarn is Malabrigo Lace in the Sealing Wax colorway. The pattern is free from Knitty and is called, Citron.


I had a fan blowing on it last night for a couple of hours and I think it is already dry this morning. I will probably take it off shortly. 

I am so thrilled about finishing this project. It is giving me a lot of happiness to be done.

Since there are lots of people at my house for the next week I will have someone to take a photo of me wearing my Citron to share with you. It is going to be permanently attached to my shoulders for quite some time to come.
best, susie

12 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! I had to retweet this link!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh! It is beautiful! I am a new knitter so I learn from reading your blog. I didn't even know about blocking boards! LOL! But I did felt a crocheted bag yesterday with flowers and leaves and it is also dry today. I take knitting instructions on Tuesday's and am working on a oven mitt that will get felted too. I love felting as it hides a multitude of mistakes! LOL! You're an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I believe that is in my long term plan!

Jill Nault said...

very pretty!

Kristin said...

So fun to see your Citron! You have inspired me by sharing your commitment to this project that had been 'resting' for a time. Can't wait to see it on you, especially the beads on the edge! Happy to be in touch with you as you share this next part of your journey with us.

Wendy Weber said...

So glad you were able to finish this - it is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure you will be able to wear and enjoy it for many years to come!

Wendy - KnitKnock17

Suzanne said...

It is stunning!

Nickycarp said...

It's just lovely, Susie! Love watching you enjoy your craft. Beautiful color. Sorry you are leaving S&C, but it's so fun to start new things and enjoy and even to simplify a little. Much success in 2012. momoffour

Reneelynn said...

Love the beads and the color!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color! You are super talented. I'm really enjoying keeping up with your blog. Congrats on your new endeavors in 2012! P.S. My nieces are loving the toys I knitted them for Christmas thanks to your Craftsy wee ones course. :)

Sally said...

Beautiful!

stephigordon said...

So lovely! It will look beautiful on you!