Saturday, October 29, 2011

Come Knit with Amy and Me!


Hi Knitters,
I have an exciting new class lined up for a Knit Circus Mini-Retreat on November 19th in Madison. I am going to teach a class on toy knitting where we make my charming little fairy from the Knit Simple Holiday Issue 2011! With special permission from the good people at Knit Simple I am able to offer this one time class opportunity.

Way more exciting than my class is that the always fantastic and talented Amy Detjen is teaching a colorwork class following my class in the afternoon. I am definitely going to stay and learn from Amy. What a thrill. People travel from all over the country and I am sure beyond to take one of Amy's classes so don't miss this opportunity! She is one of the smartest, most knowledgable and funniest knitters around. I so admire her.

I hope to see you there!


Also, there are still spots available for the November 5th Knit Circus Retreat. There are spots open in a sock basics class, a mini-mitten class and a design your own cowl class!


Oh, and I want to let you know that I just posted a new free hat pattern on my other blog, Spud says! It is called the Beluga and Firefly Hat in honor of the fantastic gray and yellow color combination. It is a simple and fun hat to work up with just enough of a textural stitch pattern to keep things interesting but nothing too difficult.



Have fun and let me know if you are coming to my November 19th class and if you knit a Beluga and Firefly hat.

Don't miss my post scheduled for Monday where I am reviewing a beautiful new book by two of my favorite designers, Coastal Knits!

Happy weekend to you!
best, susie

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

For those of you signing up to take this class w/Susan, you're in for a real treat! Not only is Susan beautiful in person, her sparkling, genuine personality just permeates the whole room. You'll have a fun and amazing time.
I'm so jealous.

Lulu said...

thats lovely..