Saturday, June 26, 2010

Button Blues

Hi Knitters,
I stitched my buttons on my Garter Yoke Cardigan. I love sewing the buttons on a new cardigan. It's so much fun to see the sweater all buttoned up. I found these buttons at the Sow's Ear last weekend. The shop had exactly nine buttons for my nine buttonholes. I knew they were perfection. Look how they bring out all of the tiny turquoise flecks in the tweed. It's a happy choice.
The first sleeve work is coming along fine. Very soon it will be complete. Oh, how I am loving the sweater knitting. I just can't seem to get enough.

Good weekend wishes to you all!
best, susie
p.s. Spud & Chloƫ is now on Facebook. Come join me over there if you'd like! Click here!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Those buttons are really perfect and a gorgeous colour.

knittingknirvana said...

Love the colorful flecks in tweed! So much fun!!

grammynan said...

Perfect button choice. Love 'em.

Alisa said...

Those buttons are absolutely perfect! Love it.

Nancy said...

You knit sooooo fast. Takes me that long to make a simple hat. Love the sweater

HI ALL, said...

I love the brown and turquoise contrast, you don't see it enough!

barb said...

Great sweater. Perfect button choice. The color DOES bring out the teal flecks.

SockPixie said...

I love the buttons. I love how thay make the tweedy bits pop!

Stephanie said...

Very cute. The blue buttons make the sweater look completely different. They are a perfect match.

Unknown said...

You knit so fast!

Anna said...

They really are the perfect color!

Unknown said...

Love the buttons! Your sweater knitting as got me thinking that I may have to try knitting myself a sweater. Would you suggest knitting the Shalom or Garter Yoke cardi for a first sweater knit?

Thanks!

Susan B. Anderson said...

Jen G.,
I think either would be fine to start with. They are very similar in construction.

Have fun!!! susan

thewalshfam said...

You are so speedy!!! I don't know how you do it with your kiddos and all of your other knitting projects!

Stefanie said...

The buttons bring out the colors in your cardi; what a great choice.

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

I couldn't help myself. After reading about and seeing your garter yoke and Soulemama's,I hunted through my stash and came up with the perfect heathered red.I'm almost finished with the yoke! Love that tweed and the buttons are perfect.

Unknown said...

I really like how the buttons bring out the colors in the yarn.

Connie, the daisyhead said...

What a cute sweater! Lovely yarn colors and perfect buttons!