Monday, May 17, 2010

My Brother's Buddy Joe

Hi Knitters,
My brother, Scott, spent the weekend with his good buddy Joe. Vice President Joe Biden, that is. Here is the link to the article and photos. That is my brother in the sunglasses turning and laughing with Mr. Vice President. Oh, and those are my brother's binoculars that he let the Vice President borrow. I can't believe that Mr. Vice President forgot his binocs.

My nephew is on the crew team and apparently the Bidens' granddaughter is on a crew team that was also at the regatta. My brother told me that the secret service was all over and that they actually selected the seats right behind my brother. I'm sure they spied his binoculars at the ready and seized the opportunity.

I LOVE it!
Now on the left in this photograph is my sister-in-law with the sunglasses. She is a Susan, too.

Aren't they cute? They all look so happy.

Wow, and I thought I had a good weekend.
best, susie

11 comments:

barb said...

I thought I was hot stuff when I had season tickets to the Detroit Tigers and my seats were behind Lee Iacoca. Most of you are probably to young to know who he is. Google it.

ANYWAY, I bet your brother and the other Susan had a blast spending time with "Joe". He appears to be such a fun loving man.

DebbyJ said...

How cool is that!

Maryjonono said...

That is so cool! I love getting photos with celebs! I have a pic of me with Susan B. Anderson!! That's so cool, too!

Liz Monroe said...

I want a pic with me and Susan B. Anderson! Oh and that's cool about Joe Biden too. :)

knittingknirvana said...

Ha! That's so funny. Boy, that crew team has afforded your brother all sorts of great opportunities--from hangin' with Joe to Fishkill Creek in Middle of Nowhere Upstate NY. ;)

Poethead said...

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing the story.

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

That is so amazing! What a terrific experience. Thanks for telling us about it and sharing the pics.

And, Barb, I do indeed know who Lee Iacoca is! (I will email you about it to tease you!)

Connie said...

Great pictures of your brother and SIL! Thanks for sharing their fun.

Jeannie D said...

I am so crushing on the VP! Who can resist that smile? Does look like everyone had a good time!

Sandee said...

We once got to meet President Clinton's dog Buddy on a White House tour.

janel said...

Very very cool. Your brother has good taste in choosing friends! :) Great photos!