Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Best Friends Forever

Hi Knitters,
There are two silly and clever bloggers out there who had a good time with their knitted giraffes from Itty-Bitty Toys. I got such a kick out of their sense of humor that I asked permission to share some of their photos with you. Please hop over to their blogs to check out their knitting and other posts, too, you won't regret it. Laurelena writes the Tangled blog. Her friend Kris writes the Knifty Red blog. They are both wonderful blogs filled with excellent knitting!

Thank you both for letting me share your fun!

The giraffe friends visited a local yarn shop, Nana's Knitting Shop, and turned that place upside down. The visit started with a little quiet time and reading (an excellent book choice I might add:).
Aren't they sweet? Why is it that two of something always looks cuter than one? More to look at I guess.
Then the friends started getting a little more rambunctious when they decided to climb the yarn cubbies.
That's a long stretch even for a giraffe.
Phew! Made it.
Snuggle bugs.
Those are some good hugging arms.
That's love if I've ever seen it. What a day to remember.

Thanks again to Laurelena and Kris for letting me share. You and your giraffes made my day!
best, susie
p.s. For another dose of cuteness take a look at what Kristin Nicholas has been up to on her farm. This blew me away. Kristin is incredible. I am definitely ordering a set of her new postcards or you can get her newest downloadable pattern.

27 comments:

The Cooking Ninja said...

Very cute! They are lovely! Will make some kid a great gift.

Anonymous said...

I have been watching these other bloggers make things from your book and I am dying to get my hands on it!! I LOVE making toys! Good thing my birthday is in about a week... maybe I will get it!!!

barb said...

The giraffes, how adorable. They sure had a great day at the LYS. I can't wait to go to the girl's blogs and check them out. I LOVE Kristin Nichols' blog. She is amazing.

barb
aka knitting thru the "itty bittys"

Connie, the daisyhead said...

So funny! And so cute!

Kris said...

We had such a great time with those two. Thanks for sharing and commenting. I look forward to making more itty bitty toys;)

paws said...

Ha! So cute.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Adorable!

pam said...

Those are great pictures. I love the ones with one of them climbing up....ahhhh, imagination. But I must admit my eye was drawn to the afghan behind those two cute giraffe's....that was a thing of beauty...wonder if it was a hand knit item.

Anonymous said...

So lovely. I am in Spain at the moment busy hooking I must add -- of the crochet variety I must add even more emphatically! But its my birthday in April and the book is top of the list
Love Linda

Unknown said...

I love giraffes and those two are the cutest ever!

yarnorgy(Bethany) said...

Ha Ha Ha! They are my friends! Didn't their toys turn out cute!

Stefanie said...

Oh, how cute! Creative and fun too!

Evucis said...

oh what a day they had.. such sweet pictures :)) will definitely make one of those guys for my little one

shannon said...

These giraffes are adorable! My daughter, the 6' tall college volleyball player, was nicknamed "giraffe" by her friends of smaller stature. I have been knitting your toys as baby gifts for family and friends. When she saw this giraffe in your book, she loved it too. She has requested one for her room in the sorority. I love when my teenagers ask me to knit for them!

Laurelena said...

Hey Susan! Thanks for posting about us. We had fun with it :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for that joyous frolic! now i am even MORE inspired to make my own giraffe! :)
christine m. east of toronto

Tiphanie said...

Those giraffes are too cute! I love how one looks kind of fun-loving, the other looks more somber, because their eyes are stitched on in opposite ways. They look like they're having a blast with each other. =)

Unknown said...

haha, so cute and funny!

SockPixie said...

Very cute!

ErikaC said...

Too cute! :)

Susan C. said...

Adorable!
Totally made my morning - thanks for posting these lovely little guys..so sweet!

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

I've been busy with my newborn and my 16 month old, but I have still been reading. This post, though, was simply too cute and too much fun. You certainly have some creative knitters in your "following!"

Ana's World said...

THese giraffes are absolutely adorable! I ordered all three of your books. They are supposed to be delivered today and I'm so excited to get started knitting for my new grandbaby Willow that's coming at the end of March.

Alana said...

I love these giraffe friends!

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

This is just too, too cute!!

nkitkat said...

oh they are sooo cute!
Thanks for your blog and the elephant tutorial btw, I'm working on it :-)

BeyondStitches said...

Super adorable! Love the story!