Friday, September 11, 2009

Good Stuff

Hi Knitters,
Even before first off, Dawn Perkins please contact me, my email is on the sidebar. Your email address isn't working so I can't send your pattern order to you. It bounces back when I send it out. I hope you see this:) I need an alternate email address.

First off, I have a new free Rabbit pattern available over at Spud says!, the blog I curate for Spud & Chloƫ. It is already hopping on ravelry, too, if you want to go have a look-see.
Rabbit is meant to be a friend of Ribbit the frog, which is an earlier free pattern I designed. Rabbit has the same tennis ball inside of the body which makes for an added surprise. This would be a cute gift set to make for a baby or child, Rabbit along with the Bunny Hat from Itty-Bitty Hats. You could tie some matching ribbons around the ears on Rabbit and on the hat. That is a gift set I will make for someone someday for sure.
I have a couple links for you today, too. Here is an interesting, moving article from the NY Daily News about knitting. You may enjoy reading this one. I love to see knitting breaking into other venues and reaching out. Good stuff.

Kristin Nicholas is at it again with her awesomeness. Just look at what she made for her sister's wedding shower. Have you ever seen anything better than that? She made these, too, and I can't get over how much I love her stitching. Go Kristin! She has a new colorwork knitting book coming out very soon that I can't wait to get my hands on.

Well, into the weekend we go. My house renovation is still in full swing. In fact, I will be out of my studio for awhile for painting and a new floor. That will be tough because this room has been my "quiet" spot while the chaos has ensued around the house. I've had to completely clear out, which has not been an easy task but it will be good stuff in the end. Boy, you can really get socked into a space, right?

Yesterday I attempted to get Rabbit finished and posted in between three trips to the paint store and constant interruptions from delivery people and the contractor. It really was rough but I did it and that feels like an accomplishment of some small sort.

I'll take what I can get at this point.

Have a good, good weekend everyone.
best, susie

10 comments:

tamdoll said...

Thanks for the adorable pattern & great links!

Allyson said...

How freakin cute is that rabbit? I love the little face on him, and his ears! What a great pattern.

Well done you!

Renee said...

Thank you for the pattern and links.
That bunny is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the rabbit! I'm looking forward to more pics of your reno.

Jaime said...

I love this little Rabbit! It's in my queue already. I really want to make your Ribbit too, but I'm a little intimidated by the hands and feet. :)

Heather said...

Loved the link to the article! I work a high risk antepartem unit and often teach my bored mom's how to knit too! I use your itty bitty hat book! Thanks!

Shortly said...

He is lovely, thanks. I am fairly sure I now know exactly what my nephew is getting for Christmas :)

Deb said...

I'm loving that little rabbit.He is just so cute! Enjoyed your links too. :)

Katie B said...

Thanks for Rabbit! He's super cute.

Unknown said...

HI SUSAN,

I LOVE, LOVE YOUR BOOK, ITTY-BITTY NURSERY I JUST PURCHASED TWO DAYS AGO. I JUST FINISHED KNITTING THE ITTY-BITTY FROG AND THE ITTY-BITTY ELEPHANT THEY ARE SOOOOO ADORABLE AND SOOOO CUTE. I LOVE ALL THE DESIGNS YOU HAVE ON YOUR BOOK. I AM SO EXCITED TO KNIT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM FOR FRIENDS AND FOR MY KIDS IN THE FUTURE (WORKING ON THAT). YOU MAKE KNITTING SO MUCH FUN AND SO FASHIONABLE, I LOVE IT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL GIFT.

ALOHA,
MARIA CHACON