Thursday, April 16, 2009

Butterfly Love

Hi Knitters,
On my trip I came up with a couple of new washcloth designs. The first is a true springtime design. I am writing up the pattern today and will have it available maybe even later today, if not, then tomorrow.
Here is some information you may like to know:
Materials:
US size 6 needles
Size H crochet hook (used for optional edging only)
Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille, 2 skeins in contrasting colors will make 2 butterflies.
Samples are knit in: #1109 Bubblegum, #2230 Mango, #406 Caribbean Blue, #5638 Powder Blue.
Note: Any worsted weight cotton will work fine, Sugar & Cream or Peaches & Creme for example are perfect.
Stitch holder
Scissors
Yarn needle
Gauge: 4 stitches per inch
Finished measurements: 8 by 9 inches (including edging)
Skills needed:
cast on
knit
kfb (knit in the front and back of the same stitch)
k2tog (knit two stitches together)
ssk (slip, slip, knit the 2 slipped stitches through the back loop)
pick up stitches 
bind off
Skill Level: easy peasy if you know the skills listed above!
Optional crochet skills:
chain
single crochet
slip stitch
I wanted to show you the size in comparison to my hand as a reference.

I'll be hosting another Cotton Chenille yarn giveaway along with the Butterfly Washcloth pattern. I'll let you know more about it when the pattern is available!

Hope you like this new pattern as much as I do! What a fun baby/child spring gift this will make.
best, susie
p.s. Unrelated but here is another adorable hat idea I thought you might enjoy. Isn't that funny?

2 comments:

Indiana Family of Four said...

Susan,

Thanks so much for posting the link to my football hat on your blog! I cannot express to you the wave of "oh my gosh I just clicked on the link and my baby popped up on the screen in my hat looking right at me!" that washed over me. I ran through the halls telling everyone at work (ok, I didn't really run-- I'm much too lazy for that). Then I broke out in hives from all the excitement. Really.

You are such a huge part of why I knit.. I first learned from a dvd I bought as a hurricane was about to hit FL. I knew I needed to do something to keep busy or I'd be crazy with worry! Then a friend at work told me to check out Itty Bitty Hats.. it was my first knitting book. I have not stopped since!

Thanks again! You are the Peyton Manning of Knitting..

Janelle

PS-- My husband is a great guy. Please don't be offended that you are officially known in our house as "The Reason We Have No Money".. :)

The Glenns said...

I adore, adore, adore the football hat, Janelle! I hope you do a pattern as I would love to slap that puppy right on my boy this fall when he'll be about 16 months! So cute! I too love itty bitty and Susan and have gotten addicted to this craft b/c of the fun patterns she has given us--I hope one day I have the mind to come up with something of my own! Thanks for the inspiration!
Mary