Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Glove You

Hi Knitters,
And I should say hi to Crafters as well today. I received my March issue of Parents magazine yesterday. I am lucky enough to have a project in the issue. I took some stretchy dime store gloves from my house, the ones that no longer had a match. Cut the fingers off and made some simple finger puppets with crafty bits that most crafters have in their homes already.
I love the boys on the pages, it's good to see. Boys like crafts, too! There is a bunny, a pig and a red and blue bird shown but there are so many more you could make. It's a good craft even for little kids. Grab a little glue, some feathers, a few pipe cleaners and some google eyes and a couple gloves and you're off!
A lot more coming soon....

Have a good Wednesday, Knitters.
best, susie
p.s. The Shamrock Washcloth yarn giveaway contest is still going strong! Thank you!

6 comments:

jill said...

I love the finger puppets - will check out the magazine at our son's house and work on the puppets with Brian a 4 yr old crafty boy!!! What a teaser with the knitted bunny ......

knittinglane said...

You are so creative! I also like to see boys doing crafts. Unfortunately mine doesn't like to do them anymore. Sigh.

Dianne MacDonald said...

So cute. Looks like a good grandchild project.(I keep looking at the Kindle, too. I'm such a book person though, especially knitting books. I like to hold them in my hand, look at the pictures, imagine actually knitting something from them) Let me know how it works out for you!

knittingknirvana said...

A bunny??????? Oh my goodness!!!!!! Please don't leave me hanging to long. PLEASE!!!!

Oh, and I have that magazine and will be saving the very cute puppets for my mom who is always looking for "projects" to do with my brother's kids. Nicely done! :)

Karen said...

Is some"bunny" teasing us : )

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for the Sweetheart washcloths to make them in Spring colors for Easter! I am busy making Sweetheart washcloths as Valentine's day presents, but it looks like Spring colors will be next. The washcloths are lots of fun to make and help pass lots of "Mom waiting time." Thanks for a great pattern and great ideas! Jean