Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bravo Kaffe!

Hi Knitters,
Just a quick note today about these excellent socks I just finished. They are the Regia Kaffe Fassett socks I started a couple of weeks ago. I did a simple short ribbed sock.
I used a knit 3, purl 1 rib on size 2 dpns. This really is my favorite simple sock. The rib makes the sock hug your feet in just the right way. I made the cuff short, only 3 inches before starting the heel flap. These were an incredibly quick knit.
I love the yarn and the colors Kaffe selected. You know I love the mismatched stripes, that only makes me happier.
Bravo Kaffe!
best, susie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those socks! Funny you should post those today, but I am obsessed with that colorway - I've been debating on whether or not to buy it today - off to purchase....

TJ said...

I love them! I like how the stripes don't match - it makes them better :)

peaknits said...

OOh, I love them. I've been such a stickler for matchy matchy stripes - and now I wonder why - yours are awe-some! Thanks for helping me see outside the box!:)

Deidre said...

Oh, I love those. I'm continuing to learn and just finished my second hat for my daughter. Well, not completely finished. I'm trying to master the flower to go on it (you know the one you put on the denim hat in itty bitty hats?). My hat is made with a beautiful deep red with gold, blue and green flecks in it. Very fall. My flower will be gold IF I can figure it out. Thanks again for the inspiration, Susan. I'm having the best time.

Knitterella said...

Wonderful colors for fall! Gotta love those quick knits. They look great!

Anonymous said...

I would never have guessed from the skein that these would work up looking so great!

At the risk of sounding like a middle-aged groupie - I love your stuff. To say the new Itty Bitty is wonderful, is sort of like saying that tiramisu is 'pretty good'! It's brilliant. Or should I say, you're brilliant!

Thanks for sharing your work.

Kristi

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so cozy to wear a pair of socks that you made yourself?!! I recently splurged on my most favorite yarn and made socks for myself! This was a treat since I usually make items for everyone else!