Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good Charlotte

Hi Knitters,
Finally I got around to finishing up this blanket for beautiful baby Charlotte, who was born in January. Charlotte is the daughter of the photographer for itty-bitty hats and itty-bitty nursery. She had a baby during the work for both of the books, two babies, two books.
I finished embroidering her name on the edge this morning and I will pop it in the mail tomorrow. The yarn is Manos Cotton Stria. A storm is brewing outside so the colors look a bit more muted than they actually are. I used size 6 needles and made 5 strips that I later stitched together. Then I picked up and knitted a picot edging in white. Easy, easy.
Even if she is almost 6 months old, you can use a blanket any old time, right? Or maybe I should say, better late than never!
Here is another site to check out. This one is loads of fun, so much to see.
best, susie

4 comments:

peaknits said...

GORGEOUS!! Lucky Charlotte! What a neat blanket - you say simple - I say very awesome and inovative!

StarKnits said...

that blanketis awesome! I love the name, it's so beautiful. I think it will be cherished. i'm sure she'll use it till she's older.

Unknown said...

Beautiful beautiful blanket!

Liz said...

i jumped about eighty fences to get to you and this is BEAUTIFUL. any chance you're willing to make another one for sale? (for me?)

just askin' =)